Announcing TEDxHilliard 2019! TEDxHilliard will be on August 9, 2019. Doors open and dinner will be at 5:00pm. Performers and Speakers will begin at 6:30pm. Tickets will be available starting in March.
The theme for 2019 is Flow!
More than 50 years ago, Psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi began to collect research around the concept of Flow – “those times when a person’s body and/or mind is stretched to its limits, voluntarily, to accomplish something difficult and worthwhile.” Often described as “being in the zone,” times of Flow result in personal satisfaction and happiness, while creating the conditions for creativity and innovation to flourish.
In 2019, TEDxHilliard will focus on stories of innovation and impact resulting from an optimal experience – Flow. As a community and society, we face persistent, pressing issues that require us to challenge and expand ourselves. This event will highlight the solutions and breakthroughs taking place in science, business, the arts, technology and global issues affecting Hilliard and central Ohio.
When preparing your application, consider the following questions:
- In what ways have you been challenged to go farther and achieve more than you thought possible?
- What community issues are, or could be solved, by pushing ourselves beyond the limit?
- What creative, scientific or technological advances have resulted from being “in the zone” in your work or personal life?
- What challenge(s) have you solved as a result of stretching past your limits?
- What breakthrough have you experienced or documented as a result of being “in the zone?”
In keeping with the spirit of TED, this event will feature a blend of inspirational and educational talks focused on the power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and ultimately, the world.