Applications and videos are due by February 28, 2019.
Wanted: Speakers and performers who can inspire, predict, reflect, challenge, educate and/or resonate with the audience.
Founded in 1984, TED is devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (between 5-18 minutes). TED events cover almost all topics — from science to business to global issues.
TEDxHilliard aims to answer an aspirational call to showcase some of our best and brightest thinkers, doers and visionaries with ideas that will shatter bias, ignite creativity and move us action.
On August 9, 2019, TEDxHilliard will hold it’s fourth event and the theme is Flow.
More than 50 years ago, Psychologist Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi began to collect research around the concept of Flow – “those times when a person’s body and/or mind is stretched to its limits, voluntarily, to accomplish something difficult and worthwhile.” Often described as “being in the zone,” times of Flow result in personal satisfaction and happiness, while creating the conditions for creativity and innovation to flourish.
In 2019, TEDxHilliard will focus on stories of innovation and impact resulting from an optimal experience – Flow. As a community and society, we face persistent, pressing issues that require us to challenge and expand ourselves. This event will highlight the solutions and breakthroughs taking place in science, business, the arts, technology and global issues affecting Hilliard and central Ohio.
When preparing your application, consider the following questions:
- In what ways have you been challenged to go farther and achieve more than you thought possible?
- What community issues are, or could be solved, by pushing ourselves beyond the limit?
- What creative, scientific or technological advances have resulted from being “in the zone” in your work or personal life?
- What challenge(s) have you solved as a result of stretching past your limits?
- What breakthrough have you experienced or documented as a result of being “in the zone?”
If selected, speakers/performers will be required to participate in some speaker training as well as a dress rehearsal.
To be considered by the curatorial team, anyone applying needs to submit a 60 to 90 second video of the idea you want to share at TEDxHilliard. We will not consider any nominations during this time that don’t include a video.
To apply two things are needed:
1. Fill out application
2. Submit a video to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow these points when creating your 60-90 second video:
- Introduce yourself and your topic.
- Share the reason why you want to do a TED talk on the topic/your experience with the topic.
- Highlight the 2-3 key points you believe the audience will take away from the talk.
- Thank the TEDxHilliard committee for their consideration
If you don’t submit a video, we will not remind you and we will not review your application.
The curatorial team will review submissions and notify applicants in April 2019 via e-mail. Thank you for your interest in TEDxHilliard. Please encourage others to apply and/or attend this fabulous event!